Tandoori Shrimp Recipe
Tandoori Shrimp is thought to be an East Indian dish by many, but -- like many things -- this idea is an invention of the mass media who spread the word about the popular restaurant in New Delhi which installed a tandoor oven in its kitchen.
The idea of tandoor preparation is to rub meat first with a spicy yogurt marinade, then cook it using a high heat.
Because it is not likely that you have a tandoor oven at home use your barbecue to do the cooking and you'll get great results.
Tandoori Shrimp preparation suggestion
Preparation time: 30 - 60 Min.
Cooking time: 10 Min.
main course dishes
|||large shrimp peeled & deveined with tail on|
|||minced garlic cloves|
|||lemon, cut in half|
- blend together yogurt, vegetable oil, chile powder, coriander, ginger, garlic, salt and the juice of 1/2 of the lemon. Stir until well mixed.
- Add shrimp and stir til well covered.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator at least 1/2 hour, but no longer than 60 minutes.
- Preheat your barbecue at least 20 minutes or until the coals are bright red.
- Locate the grill directly over the coals and place the shrimp on the grill.
- Cook for 2 minutes then turn and cook the other side for another 2 minutes or until they turn pink and firm.
- Remove from grill when cooked.
- Squeeze the remaining lemon juice over the shrimp before serving.