Shrimp Tempura Recipe
Tempura is a very famous deep fried dish of Japanese origin. In our Shrimp Tempura recipe you will be using Tempura batter to cook some crispy and crunchy deep fried shrimp that everyone will love.
Serve it with hot mustard sauce or green chutney. You can also use this same batter and fry up some vegetables of your choice.
serving idea for Shrimp tempura
Preparation time: 45 min.
Cooking time: 15 Min.
Shrimp tempura Recipe Ingredients
|||fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|||oil for deep frying|
- Put rice wine in a medium size bowl. Add salt and place fresh shrimp in the wine and cover. Place bowl in the fridge for 20 minutes to allow shrimp to marinate.
- Heat oil in a large wok or in deep-fryer
- Combine the remaining ingredients: all-purpose flour, ice water, cornstarch, egg yolk, salt, white sugar, shortening and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside
- Dip one shrimp at a time in the tempura batter and coat properly. Gently place 2-3 shrimp at a time in the heated oil. Deep fry shrimp until golden brown evenly. This should take around 1-2 minutes.
- Remove using a slotted spoon and drain excess oil on thick paper towels.
Serve warm with sauce/chutney