Shrimp scampi pasta Recipe
Chef Tyler Florence is a culinary magician! He is known for not only this recipe, but also coming up with many other uncomplicated recipes too.
This shrimp scampi pasta recipe is a favorite among many; it combines the simplicity of a pasta dish with the flavorful pleasures of shrimp.
Shrimp scampi pasta recipe serving possibility
Shrimp scampi pasta Recipe Ingredients
|||extra-virgin olive oil|
|||shallots, finely diced|
|||cloves garlic, minced|
|||Pinch red pepper flakes, optional|
|||shrimp, cleaned and de-veined ( tails can be left on or removed)|
|||Table salt and freshly ground black pepper|
|||dry white wine|
|||lemon, just the juice|
|||finely chopped parsley leaves|
- For the pasta, put a large pot of water on the stove to boil rapidly. Once the water is rapidly boiling, reduce the heat and add your salt to taste and the linguini. Stir to make sure the pasta separates; cover.
- Cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the pasta is not quite done. Drain the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt half the butter and half the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using) until the shallots are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes
- Season your shrimp with salt and pepper; add them to the pan and cook until they have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan; set aside and keep warm.
- Add the fabulous wine and lemon juice to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil. When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan along with the parsley and cooked pasta. Stir well and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle a bit more olive oil over top and serve immediately.