Shrimp Salad Recipes
The variety of Shrimp Salad Recipes which are possible is virtually infinite, limited mostly by your imagination.
Here we present a basic starter which can be use for many different shrimp salad recipes and a few variations to give you some ideas -- the rest is up to you.
Let us know of your inventions and discoveries: after all, for all confirmed shrimp lovers, we can never be satisfied. Click here to share your ideas.
Shrimp serving suggestion
Preparation time: 10 Min.
Cooking time: 20 Min.
Basic Salad Recipe Ingredients
|||small shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|||stalk of celery, diced|
|||shallot, diced finely|
|||sweet pickles, diced finely|
|||lemon, just the juice|
|||dashes of Tabasco sauce (optional)|
|||salt to taste|
|||fresh ground black pepper to taste|
- If using raw shrimp, bring 2 quarts (2 liters) of water to a rolling boil in a large pot. If using cooked shrimp skip to step 5. Have a large bowl of ice-cold water ready to cool the shrimp.
- Add the shrimp to the boiling water and cook about 2 minutes until the shrimp are pink and firm.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the shrimp and immediately put it in the ice-water to cool. Drain and dry the shrimp.
- Chop the shrimp in coarse pieces and set aside.
- Mix the celery, shallot, pickles, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, and dill in a bowl. Add the shrimp and stir. Add Tabasco, if you wish and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve. If you wish you can make the salad in advance and refrigerate in a tight closed container up to 3 days.