Shrimp Salad Recipe
Virtually any Shrimp Salad recipe which incorporates fresh, crunchy garden vegetables and a tasty dressing will be welcomed in the summertime. In this combination we include some hard-boiled eggs to make the dish even more satisfying.
Shrimp Salad recipe serving suggestion
Egg and Shrimp Salad
Preparation time: 10 Min.
Cooking time: 20 Min.
Basic Salad Recipe Ingredients
|||small shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|||shallot, diced finely|
|||stalk of celery, diced|
|||hard-boiled eggs, chopped coarsely|
|||sweet pickles, diced finely|
|||lemon, just the juice|
|||dashes of Tabasco sauce (optional)|
|||salt to taste|
|||fresh ground black pepper to taste|
- With raw shrimp, bring 2 quarts (2 liters) of water to a rolling boil in a large pot. Have a large bowl of ice-cold water ready to cool the shrimp. For cooked shrimp skip to step 5.
- Place the shrimp in the boiling water and cook about 2 minutes so the shrimp are pink and firm.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the shrimp and immediately put it in the ice-water to cool. Drain and dry.
- Chop shrimp in coarse chunks and set them aside.
- Mix the celery, shallot, pickles, mayonnaise, chopped boiled-eggs, sour cream, lemon juice, and dill in a bowl. Add the shrimp and stir. If you wish, add Tabasco, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve right away or refrigerate to serve later. If you wish you can make the salad in advance, put it in a tight closed container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.