Shrimp on the grill
Shrimp on the grill recipes are numerous but the major difference seems to lie in the marinade which you will use.
Plan for at least 30 minutes for most grilled shrimp so the shrimp has time to marinate, maybe even longer.
If youu want a quicker version using a coating, see this recipe Grilled Shrimp with a paste covering.
Shrimp on the grill serving suggestion
main course servings
(4 main course servings = 6 - 8 Appetizer portions)
Key West Lime Shrimp Ingredients
|||fresh lime juice|
|||large shrimp, peeled and de-veined but with the tails still attached|
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the marinade and mix well, until blended.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade and make sure that they are evenly coated.
- Cover the bowl and set in a cool place for at least 30 minutes, or close tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat. Shrimp cooks rapidlyy, but grilling them seems to take no time at all. Over-cooking will make them tough and dry.
- Lightly oil the grill. Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are pink and firm and the sauce starts to become golden.
- Place in a serving dish, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve.