Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
Ever wonder how the authentic Asian restaurants or Chinese food chains like PF Chang's make their wonderful shrimp dishes? Well wonder no more! This recipe will have your guests begging for a second helping.
Shrimp Fried Rice
Preparation time: 10 Min.
Cooking time: 15 Min.
Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe Ingredients
|||ground superfine mustard|
|||minced or crushed garlic|
|||light soy sauce|
|||Cooking spray or light olive oil|
|||Salt and pepper to taste|
|||olive oil or cooking oil|
|||tail-off cooked large shrimp|
|||petite green peas, frozen (or bean sprouts)|
|||baby carrots, cut into matchstick or thin strips|
|||green onions, chopped|
- In a small bowl or cup, blend mustard, ginger, garlic and molasses. Stir in soy sauce and set aside.
- Heat a large, nonstick frying pan or skillet over medium heat. Add a bit of olive oil or cooking spray to middle of pan.
- Pour egg substitute in the middle of pan and tilt to spread egg out. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top if desired. Once the underside is lightly browned, flip egg over and cook about a minute longer or until bottom is lightly browned.
- Cut into small pieces with knife and set aside.
- Spray more canola oil into pan and heat over medium heat.
- Add shrimp and let sizzle for about a minute.
- Add peas and carrots and stir-fry, tossing occasionally, for about 2 minutes or until shrimp is warmed throughout.
- Add steamed rice, stir and let cook about a minute.
- Drizzle the soy-sauce mixture over the top of rice mixture, stir, and let cook another minute or two.
- Turn off heat and stir in green onion and pieces of egg. Serve, offering additional soy sauce at the table, if desired.