Shrimp Dip Recipes
Our first Shrimp Dip recipe is a "mouth watering" delight that should be a must at every party or get together! It is quick, simple and absolutely fabulous!
If the first doesn't meet your fancy there's a more traditional shrimp dip version further down, and you can omit any of the ingredients to create your own version if you like.
Grilled shrimp serving suggestion
Dill Shrimp Dip Ingredients
|||cooked shrimp, chopped, or whole tiny salad shrimp|
|||chopped black olives|
|||dill weed or|
|fresh dill leaves|
Dill Dip Preparation
- Combine all ingredients; cover and refrigerate for a few hours to let the flavors marry together, so you can be merry!
- Serve with assorted crackers, toasts and vegetable dippers.Makes approximately 3 cups.
- If dill is not quite your style, try the standard version instead. * Crab meat can be used if you desire, along with the shrimp.
Traditional Shrimp Dip Ingredients
|||cooked shrimp meat|
|||cooked crab meat|
|||canned water chestnuts|
|||Salt and pepper to taste|
- Mince the crab, shrimp, onion, and water chestnuts or process them in a food processor.
- Transfer the dip to a small bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise and horseradish. Salt and pepper the mixture to taste.
- Serve with water crackers, celery sticks, and cooked artichoke leaves. Makes 3 cups.