Shrimp Curry Recipe
As we launch this Shrimp Curry recipe you might like to know that some of the most fabulous seafood curries come from the south coast of India where shrimp, fish and other seafood are plentiful. In this version, you will find an easy and very tasteful flavor of curry.
Shrimp Curry serving suggestion
Preparation time: 10 Min.
Cooking time: 20 Min.
|||canola or peanut oil|
|||cloves garlic-finely chopped|
|||finely grated ginger|
|||large uncooked shrimp, peeled , cleaned and de-veined|
|||chopped fresh cilantro|
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, ginger, cumin, turmeric, paprika and chili powder and cook, stirring, for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes, coconut milk and salt and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes.
- While the curry simmers, cook rice.
- Add the shrimp and cilantro to the curry, cover with a lid, and simmer for another 4 minutes, then stir in the lemon juice. Serve on a bed of rice.
- Tip: You can substitute the fresh shrimp for large precooked peeled shrimp, and add during the last minute of cooking to heat through.