Shrimp Cocktail Recipes
The secret to preparing Shrimp Cocktail recipes lies mainly in the sauce.
Here we prepare a classic shrimp cocktail in the traditional North American style, then present a few variations that will, hopefully, set your imagination off to new horizons.
Let us know if you come up with an interesting variation that you think is original. Your fellow shrimp lovers, will enjoy learning from you.
Shrimp Cocktail serving suggestion
Preparation time: 10 Min.
Cooking time: 20 Min.
Classic Cocktail Ingredients
|•||medium shrimp (35 per lb. size)|
|•||fresh ground black peppercorns|
|•||Tabasco sauce to taste -- 4 or more dashes suggested|
|•||salt to taste|
In this version we suggest broiling, instead of boiling to produce a shrimp with a slightly different texture which you may enjoy. As an alternative you might use boiled shrimp.
- Devein shrimp without peeling. To do this hold the shrimp gently in one hand and pull the vein out from the neck end with the other.
- Pre-heat your broiler.
- Combine all your shrimp ingredients in a bowl and toss til completely covered.
- Lay all the shrimps in a single layer in a large shallow pan and place under the broiler for about 1 1/2 minutes then turn over and continue for about the same time until the shells turn a pinkish brown color.
- Immediately remove from broiler and, after allowing to cool, remove the shells, but leave on the tails.
- Chill in a refrigerator.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients and mix well.