Shrimp Boil Recipe
With this shrimp boil recipe you can prepare a good old Southern seafood dish that is both healthy and filling. Easy to cook and a prefect 'camping' dish, enjoy a shrimp boil with lots of red potatoes and corn on the cob. All you need is a large pot and a gas burner and you are ready to dig into a wholesome and hearty meal.
Preparation time: 10 Min.
Cooking time: 25 Min.
Shrimp Boil Recipe Ingredients
|||Large Red potatoes (1 per person)|
|||Spanish Onions (1/3 per person)|
|||Sweet corn on the cob (1 per person)|
- cut the potatoes and onions into quarters.
- break the corn cobs in half.
- cut lemons in half
- Fill the pot to 1/2 - 3/4 with water
- add garlic juice, Tabasco sauce, lemon juice, lemons and bring to boil
- add the potatoes, onions and corn; Let boil for around 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes and corn is tender
- Add shrimp and continue to cook about 2-3 minutes until shrimp is evenly cooked. Don't over cook the shrimp as it becomes rubbery
- Remove from heat when shrimp is cooked.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Tip: Shrimp boil is a filling dish, but tossed salad or fresh fruits can also be served with it.