Shrimp Bisque Recipe
A hot bowl of soup on a cold and dreary day will do wonders to brighten up your spirits, and even more so if its shrimp bisque. This is rich and creamy, easy to make, and a definite soul soother.
Shrimp Bisque - peeling the shrimp
Preparation time: 10 Min.
Cooking time: 50 Min.
Shrimp Bisque Recipe Ingredients
|||medium Shrimp, with shells and head|
|||medium Green Peppers, diced|
- Peel, head, shell and de-vein the shrimp, Save the shells and heads for later.
- Wash and prepare all vegetables, saving all peels, trimming, including the white parts of green onion.
- Add the saved parts of the shrimp and vegetables to a 1/2 gallon pot of cold water and bring to a slow boil over medium-high heat. Simmer for 20 minutes, strain and reserve the liquid.
- Finely mince shrimp, onion, celery, green pepper and garlic. Melt butter in 4-quart soup pot then add minced vegetables (except green onions) and shrimp. Sauté until shrimp are pink. Add flour, then reduce heat and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add reserved shrimp stock and remaining ingredients, except green onion, milk and cream. Cook over medium heat 30 minutes, and then add green onion, milk and cream. Adjust seasoning and change consistency with more milk and cream.