This has got to be the king of shrimp appetizers. Someone named it "Killer Shrimp" and it seems appropriate too. If nothing else it will kill off any pre-dinner blahs!
Killer Shrimp serving suggestion
Preparation time: 10 Min. + overnight
Cooking time: 20 Min.
|||fresh squeezed lemon juice|
|||lemon, sliced with peel|
|||large cloves garlic, minced|
|||small Anaheim Chile peppers, chopped (optional)|
|||crushed red pepper flakes|
|||Tabasco pepper sauce|
|||large shrimp with tails (peeled and de-veined), uncooked|
|||French Bread for dipping|
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, simmer butter, olive oil, Chile sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, lemon, garlic, parsley, Anaheim chili, red pepper flakes, oregano and Tabasco until well blended. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place sauce in a zip-lock bag; add shrimp. Refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. (177° C)
- Place sauce and shrimp in a large shallow baking pan; bake approximately 10 to 15 minutes or until shrimp are opaque in center (cut to test). Remove from oven.
- Place mixture in shallow bowls and serve with a crusty French bread for dipping in sauce (this dish is eaten with your fingers).