Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
Who doesn't love shrimp? We know a guy named Alfredo that's just nuts about it, so he invented this recipe. (You can believe that if you want to.) What you won't have any trouble with is the ease of preparing this and the results you get.
This fabulous recipe takes your ordinary Alfredo sauce to a whole new realm! This simple but delicious recipe will perfectly serve a party of six.
freshwater shrimp known as the Malaysian prawn (Macrobrachium
rosenbergii) is farm raised in Hawaii, California,
and other states. These shrimp are large and can reach a
weight of 4-6 ounces
Shrimp is high in calcium and protein but low in food energy.
Preparation time: 10 Min.
Cooking time: 20 Min.
Shrimp Alfredo Recipe Ingredients
|||medium onion -- chopped|
|||cloves garlic -- minced|
|||butter or margarine|
|||prepared alfredo pasta sauce|
|||white wine (any brand)|
|||fresh or frozen shrimp -- peeled and de-veined|
|||linguine -- cooked and drained|
|||minced fresh basil|
- Because shrimp cooks quickly and tastes much better served immediately upon being cooked, start with your pasta a sauce first.
- In a medium saucepan, lightly sauté onion and garlic in butter until lightly browned.
- Add your Alfredo sauce and wine; simmer slowly until heated completely through.
- Meanwhile, cook your shrimp to perfection by boiling it in water just until they turn pink, generally about 2 minutes for medium sized shrimp.
- Remove from water, drain any excess water from shrimp and place on top of cooked pasta and toss until evenly mixed with pasta.
- Pour the Alfredo sauce evenly over shrimp and pasta and Voila! Shrimp Alfredo is now being served!