Scampi Provençale Recipe
This Scampi Provençale has been served on the Carnival Cruise Line. Now you can prepare it at home
Scampi Provençale serving suggestion
Preparation time: 20Min.
Cooking time: 30 Min.
main course dishes
|||uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined|
|||medium tomato, peeled, seeded, chopped|
|||fish stock (separate recipe)|
- Heat clarified butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Stir in onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender.
- Reduce heat to medium; stir in wine. Cook until wine is reduced by half.
- Dissolve cornstarch in a little fish stock. Stir remaining fish stock into onion mixture; bring to a boil.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Add whipping cream and cook until thoroughly heated.
- Remove from heat; whisk in softened butter, 1 Tbsp. at a time.
- Stir in tomato and parsley and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Place on broiler about 4 to 6 inches from heat for about 2 minutes each side or until shrimp turn pink.
- To serve, place 4 shrimp on individual plates pouring sauce over shrimp. Serve with Bruschetta (separate recipe).