The Home of Recipes for Shrimp
At Shrimp-magic we sometimes refer to recipes for shrimp as Shrimp Spells because we find them so enchanting. I hope you agree.
Do you have a great shrimp or prawn recipe that other shrimp lovers would enjoy?
Have you got the inside scoop on Michael Jackson's favorite shrimp dish?
Or, maybe you've got a great tip to make our favorite seafood even
better ... in any case we'd love to hear what you have to share. Click here to tell us about it.
Or, Click here to see what other folks have left ...
The typical recipe for shrimp.
- In typical recipes for shrimp you can substitute
prawns, and vice versa, unless specified otherwise.
- It usually doesn't matter what size the shrimps are. What
is more important is the weight of the drained, unfrozen, peeled and
deveined shrimp which the recipe calls for.
- Fresh shrimp is usually preferred for all recipes, with
frozen shrimp being second in preference.
- When you are buying frozen shrimp, do not choose shrimp
which has been defrosted or partly thawed in the store. It may have
already started to deteriorate.
- If you wish to use unpeeled shrimp in a recipe, you would
use roughly double the weight which is specified for peeled, deveined,
- HOSO is the short-hand name that that may be used in stores for shrimp with head on and shell on.
Our Shrimp Recipes
- Scampi An
extremely popular and simple dish, typical of Italian shrimp cookery.
- My First Shrimp
Recipe The first shrimp dish I remember preparing. So simple
a 10-year-old can do it -- and tasty, too.
- Icelandic Shrimp Soup is a
traditional festive dish which shrimp lovers will enjoy year-round.
- If you're looking for a simple hit for the outdoor grill,
try this Garlic Prawn recipe
- Shrimp Pil Pil is a very
simple and tasty Chilean variation on Garlic Shrimp. Eat it with your
bare hands and you can't avoid licking your fingers.
- A delicious and highly sought-after recipe is Shrimp and Grits from the
- What can be more appetizing than a Coconut Shrimp appetizer?
- A hearty and wholesome meal for a camping outing is the
zesty Shrimp Boil.
- This Shrimp Stir Fry
is flavorful combination of stir-fry and Thai cooking...
- The traditional Japanese tempura cookery and shrimp are a
winner in our Shrimp Tempura
- One of the most sought-after recipes we have is this one
for Shrimp and Grits
- Shrimp Scampi
Pasta is a combination that is hard to beat--try this magical
invention of chef Tyler Florence.
- Do you want to do Shrimp on the Barbie, and do you know the
origin of that phrase? Learn both in Grilled Shrimp Recipe.
- This Mexican
Shrimp Cocktail Recipe deserves to be in the Guiness book of
records ... take a look to see why.
- Our Bang Bang
Shrimp Recipe is a perfect example of how a simple sauce makes all
the difference in the world.
- A delicious and simple combination of shrimp and pasta can
be found in our Shrimp Alfredo
- No need to head south of the border for an authentic Shrimp Ceviche Recipe.
It's waiting for you here.
- Do you need a quick vampire repellant which is also
delicious and simple to prepare? Try our Garlic Shrimp Pasta recipe.
- Do you have a traditional family favorite yet? If
not, try this Shrimp and Pasta
recipe -- it's sure to be a hit.
- Now there's no more reason to wonder how Chinese food
chains like PF Chang's make their wonderful shrimp dishes Try our
Shrimp Fried Rice
recipe and you will have your guests begging for a second helping.
- Need something to warm your body and lift your spirits on a
cold and dreary day? There's hardly anything better than our Shrimp Bisque recipe.
- There's gourmet and there's spicey ... our Cajun Shrimp recipe gives the pair
a whole new meaning. Try it!
- Looking for an interesting variation for cooking
pasta? Try our Shrimp Sauce
- So is it a Norwegian Lobster, a Dublin Prawn or
Scampi? Regardless of the name, it'll be great using this Prawn Curry recipe.
- Party coming up and you need a great dip. For 2 great
possibilities check these Shrimp Dip
- Here's a 2-in-one deal for busy cooks, Shrimp Pasta Salad recipe.
- Somebody's soul need soothing? Use this Shrimp Soup recipe just once, and
it'll be a favorite.
- Are you craving for the kind of gumbo grandma used to slave
all day over a hot stove making? Our Shrimp Gumbo recipe will bring
that back to you.
- This recipe hails from the south coast of India where
shrimp and other seafood are abundant. If you enjoy curry you'll
love this Shrimp Curry recipe
- Gourmet food is often thought to be difficult to
prepare. Try our Baked
Stuffed Shrimp recipe, and you may change your mind..
- Just about anything I know can be made more intesting with
nuts. Try this Walnut Shrimp Recipe
and you'll be nuts for it too.
- Our New Orleans
Barbecue Shrimp Recipe is a favorite in Louisiana and a lot of
other places too! With this simple recipe, you can enjoy this authentic
Creole flavor right at home.
- It's amazing the number of people who don't know how to
cook shrimp, but our Boiled Shrimp
Recipe is a no-fail classic even a rank novice can master with ease.
- See Shrimp Appetizers
for a taste you'd kill for.
- Got some fresh firm Cherry Tomatoes? Try this Shrimp Tomato Salad for an unforgettable
- When you learn the basics you can then start to branch out
to create your own masterpieces. Here's the most basic of all Fried Shrimp Recipe.
- Our recipe spies have infiltrated the kitchen of a Carnival
Cruise ship to bring you Scampi
Provençale which you can now serve at home.
- Tandoori Shrimp is
thought to be East Indian cookery, but you can make it at home without
a tandoor over.
- Looking for something with a Mexican twist for the
barbecue?. Take a look at Tequila
- Mustard Grilled
Shrimp is sooooo easy, it just about makes itself.
Fortunately somebody still has to eat it!
- Zuider Zee Shrimp Gumbo
is a delicious and satisfying dish to add to your repertoire
- Is Perky Pickled Shrimp
just a variation of Ceviche, or is it totally something else?
Independent testers urgently sought!
- Poblano Spaghetti with
Garlic Shrimp is an absolute joy to the taste buds.
- Never heard of Creajun
Shrimp? Here's your chance to learn sumthin' new and enjoy it
- Dried Prawn Stir Fry
with green onions uses dried prawn and green onions and two unusual
spices for a tasty, healthy meal.
- Rocket Prawns with pasta
are not about fast-food, but rather a sensational flavor which you
might want to get to know.
- Shrimp Tatsuaage is a
simple example of Japanese cookery.
- Grilled Shrimp with Spinach
Salad provides a delicious change of pace
- With our recently added shrimp translations we can now
safely serve such dishes as Fajitas
à la crevette.
- From Singapore, we can offer you Boastador Prawns , featuring Rempah.
- This version of Barbecue Shrimp, adds the taste of orange to produce
a delightful variation.
- You'll never find an easier
Shrimp Batter than the Wizard's version. It's simple, easy
and delicious for shrimp and prawns. Even works great with
- Most people don't think of baking to prepare shrimp, but Garlic Baked Shrimp is easy.
Below are recipes for shrimp which offer several variations on a basic theme, or simply variations on a common basic preparation to help you create more variety in your menu planning.
- So many recipes for shrimp are easy to prepare, but the
following might be considered to be a "Quick Start Guide to Shrimps": Easy Shrimp Recipes.
- Shrimp Salad Recipes
-- your imagination is the only limit on the variety.
- Shrimp Cocktail
Recipes all start with a classic American idea and stretch off into
infinity with variations according to your taste.
- The principal difference between Grilled Shrimp Recipes lies
mainly in the marinade you use. We start you off with a few
- If you love pasta as much as I do, you'll be glad that
looking at these Shrimp Pasta
Recipes won't add an inch to your waistline -- otherwise, I
would have gained 40 pounds just thinking about them.
- Looking for a variation on a how to fry them? Fried Shrimp Recipes is chock
full of ideas.
- What's good to use for dipping Shrimp? Maybe the question would be easier to answer if you asked what doesn't go with shrimp. See Shrimp Dipping Sauces for ideas
There's lots more to come. Register for the Shrimp-Magic Wand and receive email notification, with direct links, when more recipes for shrimp become available.
What's your favorite Shrimp dish?
What's the greatest thing you've ever prepared using shrimp? Other shrimp lovers will love you to share it. Spread the joy around and tell us what you've discovered.
Recipes which other shrimp wizards have shared
Click below to see recipes and tips from other shrimp lovers ...
Shrimp Recipes: Prawn and Green Mango Salad
As you can imagine prawn recipes are abundant in Australia. Surrounded by ocean, prawns are a bit of a national icon. 'Throw another shrimp on the …
Shrimp Potato Salad Recipe
This Shrimp Potato Salad Recipe starts with the ever-popular summer favorate of potato salad and steps it up to a new level by adding shrimp. It is simple …
Camarones al mojo de ajo
Very simple. My father always shared his recipes. He learned on his own, following his taste but always kept in mind the different cultures and races …
Southern Seafood dish Not rated yet
I used 6 garlic cloves, 6 red potatoes, 6 ears of corn shelled on shrimp and old bay seasoning. I've lost the recipe need help preparing it again. Can …
Jalisco Shrimp Not rated yet
I've had it several different ways but as a cold and very thin juice is the best. Adding squid to this also adds to the flavor. makes about 6 servings …
Shrimp Recipes: Ho Kien Mee Not rated yet
There can be little discussion, I love soups. Being a Dutchman and living for many years in Asia, I am used to noodle soups. There are plenty to explore, …
Scampi crudi alla maniera di dalla Valentina, with shrimp fume calamari risotto Not rated yet
This is a combination of an easy but unbelievable shrimp dish--Scampi crudi alla maniera di dalla Valentina, with shrimp fume calamari risottoa …
More Recipes for Shrimp
Unless a link to an external site carries some kind of comment or recommendation it is offered here simply as an alternative. Use it, or not, "at your own risk", but if you do discover one that you really like (or dislike), please let me know using our contact form. If appropriate we'll add your comments here.
- Bacon Wrapped Shrimp appetizer wrapped in bacon then broiled.
- Ginger Shrimp
- Honey and Chili Shrimp
- Marinated Seafood Salad
- Pad Thai
- Popcorn Shrimp
- Shrimp Fettuccine
- Shrimp Salad with celery, onion, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Shrimp Sauce
- Shrimp Taco
- Shrimp with Red Peppers shrimp, butter, sherry, scallions, garlic, parsley, red bell peppers, and seasonings.
- Stuffed Shrimp