Marinated grilled shrimp
Marinated grilled shrimp recipes are numerous but the major difference seems to lie in the marinade which you will use.
Plan for at least 30 minutes for most grilled shrimp so the shrimp has time to marinate, maybe even longer.
If youu want a quicker version using a coating, see this recipe Grilled Shrimp with a paste covering.
Marinated Grilled Shrimp serving suggestion
main course servings
(4 main course servings = 6 - 8 Appetizer portions)
Honey Lemon Grilled Shrimp Ingredients
|||fresh lemon juice|
|||large shrimp, peeled and de-veined but with the tails still attached|
- In a bowl combine all the marinade ingredients and mix well, until blended.
- Add the shrimp to the mixture and make sure that they are evenly coated.
- Cover the bowl and set in a cool place to marinate at least 30 minutes, or close tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat your grill to a medium heat. Shrimp cooks quickly, but grilling them takes no time at all. Over-cooking will make them tough and dry.
- Lightly oil the grill. Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are pink and firm and the sauce starts to become golden.
- Place in a serving dish, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve.
Shrimp can be grilled on an outdoor grill, a broiler, or even in a skillet. This recipe is so simple and quick!
- Key West Lime Marinade: Replace lemon juice with fresh or bottled lime juice.
- Sesame Honey Lemon: Add 2 tablespoons (30 ml) toasted sesame oil to the marinade.
- Seven Up Citrus Marinade: Replace the lemon juice and honey with equal amounts (1 1/3 cups total) of Seven Up.
- Spicy Marinade: Add several dashes of Tabasco sauce to any marinade combination.
- Shrimp Magic Barbecue: Use our special barbecue sauce in place of the marinade.
Try some of your own favorite flavors in the marinade for new combinations and when you discover one which is really great, visit our Recipe Exchange to share you discovery with other shrimp lovers.
Good cooking and Bon Appetit!
What's your favorite Shrimp Dish?
Why not share it with other shrimp lovers? They'd love to hear from you.