Grilled Shrimp Recipes
Grilled shrimp recipes are Legion but the major difference seems to lie in the marinade which you will use.
For most grilled shrimp versions you'll want to plan to have at least 30 minutes for the shrimp to marinate, or possibly even longer, leaving them up to several hours or even overnight in a refrigerator.
For a quicker version using a coating, see this recipe Grilled Shrimp with a paste covering.
Grilled Shrimp serving suggestion
main course servings
(4 main course servings = 6 - 8 Appetizer portions)
Honey Lemon Grilled Shrimp Ingredients
|||fresh lemon juice|
|||large shrimp, peeled and de-veined but with the tails still attached|
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix until well blended.
- Place the shrimp in the mixture and ensure that they are all evenly coated.
- Cover the bowl and set in a cool place to marinate at least 30 minutes, or close tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat grill to a medium heat. Shrimp cooks quickly no matter what method you use, but grilling them takes no time at all. Over-cooking will make them tough and dry.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are firm and the sauce starts to become golden.
- Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with lemon wedges, and serve.