Grilled shrimp recipes: Tequila Grilled shrimp
Looking over grilled shrimp recipes for a barbecue or a cocktail party? You might find just the thing in Tequila Grilled Shrimp?
One of the points which James Peterson makes in Simply Shrimpis to remember that shrimp cooks very quickly. This means that if you're hoping to get a smoky flavor from grilling, you're not going to get it from the cooking process. He suggests using a home stove-top smoker as one alternative.
If you don't have tequila handy for this recipe, don't let that stop you, you could use another spirit like whisky, rum, pisco, cachaça or vodka and use the recipe of one of your favorite cocktails as the basis.
Grilled shrimp recipes serving suggestion
Preparation time: 35 Min.
Cooking time: 10 Min.
main course dishes
(4 main course dishes = 6-8 appetizers)
|||good tequila (your choice)|
|||orange zest, finely grated|
|||of large shrimp, peeled with tail on|
- Combine everything except the salt in a large bowl, mixing well and submerging the shrimp.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Pre heat your grill or broiler at least 5 minutes (20 minutes for a barbecue with coals)
- When heat is high (coals glow red) put the grill on top of the hot coals and cook the shrimp on the grill for 2 minutes per side. They're ready when pink and firm.
- Serve on a large platter and sprinkle with salt to taste.