Grilled shrimp recipes: Whiskey sour shrimp
When you want grilled shrimp recipes for a barbecue or a cocktail party what could be more natural than a recipe for Whiskey Sour Shrimp?
If you don't have whiskey handy, don't let that stop you, substitute another spirit like tequila, rum, pisco, cachaça or vodka and use the recipe of one of your favorite cocktails as the basis.
Grilled shrimp recipes serving suggestion
Preparation time: 35 Min.
Cooking time: 10 Min.
main course dishes
(4 main course dishes = 6-8 appetizers)
|||good whiskey (your choice)|
|||limes - juiced|
|||orange zest, finely grated|
|||of large shrimp, peeled with tail on|
- Combine everything except the salt in a large bowl, mixing well and submerging the shrimp.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Pre heat your grill or broiler at least 5 minutes (20 minutes for a barbecue with coals)
- When heat is high (coals glow red) put the grill on top of the hot coals and cook the shrimp on the grill for 2 minutes per side. They're ready when pink and firm.
- Serve on a large platter and sprinkle with salt to taste.