Grilled Shrimp Fajitas Recipe
Grilled Shrimp Fajitas -- or if you want to get a bit more international in your terminology -- Fajitas à la crevette will be a fun way to prepare and eat our favorite seafood.
Like so many shrimp dishes this is so simple and easy to make so you needn't hesitate a moment longer.
Preparation time: 20 Min.
Cooking time: 5 Min.
main course dishes
|||uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|||medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|||medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces|
|||medium onion, cut in 1-inch pieces|
|||(8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed|
|||medium tomato, diced|
|||shredded Cheddar cheese|
- Fry bacon over medium heat in a large pan until cooked but not crisp.
- Drain using paper towels.
- Wrap each shrimp with a strip of bacon and fasten in place with toothpicks.
- Skewer shrimp, peppers and onions alternately on 4 metal or wet wooden skewers.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 inches (10 cm) from the heat for between 2 and 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink and the vegetables are tender. Baste often with barbecue sauce.
- Remove shrimp and vegetables from skewers; and take out the toothpicks.
- Place everything from one skewer on one side of a tortilla.
- Top with lettuce, tomato and cheese; fold over and serve.