Creajun Shrimp Recipe
The Creajun in Creajun Shrimp is a mixture of Creole and Cajun invented, as I can best tell, by a guy who calls himself . The Healthy Irishman (THI) and who admits that he doesn't know a great deal about either the Creole or Cajun culture, but is fascinated by the foods he's experienced.
According to this fun-lovin' cook, shrimp is an excellent low-fat, low-calorie protein with just four ounces providing you with 47.4% of your daily requirement of protein with just 112 calories and less than a gram of fat! Let's all go on a Shrimp Diet!
THI recommends serving this with Black Beans and Rice
serving suggestion for Creajun style shrimp
Preparation time: 60 Min.
Cooking time: 10 Min.
main course dishes
|||medium shrimp (36-30s) - peeled & de-veined|
|||Cajun spice mix|
- Toss everything together in a small mixing bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- Remove shrimp from fridge 1/2 hour before cooking to bring to room temperature.
- Preheat pan with high heat.
- Spray pan with olive oil spray.
- Cook marinated shrimp for 2 minutes each side. until pink and firm.
Serve with a lemon wedge.