Black Beans and Rice Recipe
Black Beans and Rice first came to our attention as a suggested companion to Creajun Shrimp. Use it there, or with almost any other shrimp recipe. It's great.
Black Beans and Rice companion dish
Preparation time: 10 Min.
Cooking time: 10 Min.
main course dishes
|||brown rice - uncooked|
|||chicken or vegetable broth|
|||zucchini finely diced|
|||eggplant finely diced|
|||yellow squash finely diced|
|||red pepper - finely diced|
|||red onion - finely diced|
|||cloves garlic - minced|
|||Cajun spice mix|
|||black beans, cooked|
|||Salt and Pepper to taste|
1/2 cup (120 ml) brown rice - uncooked
1 1/2 cups (360 ml) chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup (240 ml) zucchini finely diced
1 cup (240 ml) eggplant finely diced
1 cup (240 ml) yellow squash finely diced
1 cup (240 ml) red pepper - finely diced
1/2 red onion - finely diced
2 cloves garlic - minced
1/2 tablespoon (7.5 ml) Cajun spice mix
1 cup (240 ml) black beans, cooked
1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cooking rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking, preheat a large fry pan using medium-low heat.
- Add the olive oil and sauté onions, red pepper and garlic for 3-4 minutes, stirring. Til onions are becoming translucent.
- Add zucchini, squash and eggplant. Cook another 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle Cajun spices and beans and continue cooking another 4-5 minutes - until all vegetables are soft.
- Season with dash of salt.
- When the rice is cooked, drain and add to vegetables.
- Sauté together and season with salt and pepper to taste.