Bbq Shrimp Recipe
This idea for a Bbq Shrimp Recipe was born in Scampi Crudi which uses Orange juice where you might have Lemon juice. The difference is subtle but delightful and will work on the barbecue too.
Although the recipe suggests that you skewer your shrimp lengthwise so they will cook straight instead of the usual curled form, the traditional way is fine, too.
Bbq Shrimp Recipe serving suggestion
Preparation time: 20 Min.
Cooking time: 10 Min.
main course dishes
|||Jumbo Shrimp, shelled and heads and tails intact|
|||Orange Zest (grated)|
|||Ginger root, (freshly grated)|
|||Orange juice (freshly, squeezed)|
|||each Green onions, tops and white|
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes, if using them.
- Skewer the shrimp, lengthwise, from head to tail, 1 to a skewer.
- Combine butter, orange juice, sherry, zest, green onions and ginger root in saucepan and cook over medium to low heat, stirring, until butter is completely melted.
- Dip skewered shrimp in the sauce and place on oiled grill rack about 4 inches above the coals.
- Baste shrimp with lots of sauce and grill for 2 minutes. Turn and baste again, cooking for another 2 minutes. Smaller shrimp will be done at this point, but continue basting and turning larger shrimp until they are pink and cooked through.
- Remove from heat immediately when done, as they will
tough if overcooked. Use any remaining sauce as a dip.