Barbeque Shrimp Recipe
Our New Orleans Barbeque Shrimp Recipe is a favorite in Louisiana and a lot of other places too! With this simple recipe, you can enjoy this authentic Creole flavor favorite all year long no matter where you are.
Barbeque Shrimp serving suggestion
Preparation time: 10 Min.
Cooking time: 45 Min.
|||large uncooked shrimp, in their shells|
|||Cracked black pepper|
|||lemons, peeled and sectioned|
|||dry white wine|
- Peel the shrimp, leaving only their tails attached. Reserve the shells and set aside.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning and fresh cracked black pepper. Use you hands to coat the shrimp with the seasonings. Refrigerate the shrimp while you make the sauce base.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pot over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add the reserved shrimp shells, the remaining Creole seasoning, the bay leaves, lemons, water, Worcestershire, wine, salt, and black pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; allow cooling for about 15 minutes. Strain into a small saucepan. There should be about 1 1/2 cups. Place over high heat, bring to a boil, and cook until thick, syrupy, and dark brown, for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, add the seasoned shrimp and sauté them, occasionally shaking the skillet, for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and the entire barbecue base. Stir and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp to a warm platter with tongs and whisk the butter into the sauce.
- Remove from the heat. Mound the shrimp in the center of a platter. Spoon the sauce over the shrimp and around the plate. Arrange the biscuits around the shrimp. Garnish with chopped chives.