Barbecue Shrimp Sauce Recipe
This special Barbecue Shrimp Sauce has a sweet and hot flavor that will do wonders with spare ribs, chicken and burgers as well as shrimp.
Part of the secret of this unique sauce recipe comes from the age-old sea-faring tradition of rum ... so Yo - Ho and a bottle of rum and away we go ....
Barbecue Shrimp Sauce gets the chef's OK
Preparation time: 10 Min.
Cooking time: 30 Min.
|||large onion minced finely|
|||packed light brown sugar|
|||or more drops Tabasco sauce|
|||liquid smoke (optional)|
|||Salt and pepper to taste|
- Combine all the ingredients in a 2 quart or larger saucepan.
- Using medium heat, stir constantly until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is simmering.
- Reduce heat to low and continue cooking, stirring regularly for 30 minutes until the onions are cooked and the sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cool the sauce before using, store refrigerated, up to one week.