Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe
Bang bang shrimp is a zesty, spicy delight; however, it's the secret sauce that brings it to life! A simple, yet delicious mayo sauce does the trick. You may want to make the mayo from scratch, as bottled mayo lacks the refreshing zip of fresh lemon and Dijon.
Bang Bang Shrimp
Preparation time: 10 Min.
Cooking time: 10 Min.
Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe Ingredients
|||garlic cloves, chopped to perfection|
|||large whole egg or|
|||of freshly squeezed lemon juice|
|||ground white pepper|
|||sweet chili sauce|
|||hot chili sauce|
|||flour to coat the shrimp (seasoned flour or dry bread crumbs can be used instead)|
|||head of lettuce (cut into quarters)|
- Combine all ingredients except the oil into a blender or food processor for 45 seconds. Start adding the oil slowly until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Set aside (sauce will thicken slightly) while preparing your shrimp
You are now ready to prepare and cook the shrimp and enjoy a feast of a lifetime! For this recipe you can use any size shrimp that you like, just make sure the tails are removed and the shrimp is cleaned and de-veined.
- Lightly rinse shrimp in water.
- Add the shrimp to your buttermilk to evenly coat shrimp.
- Remove the shrimp from the buttermilk and place shrimp either in a bag filled with the flour or bread crumbs or on a plate with the flour. The idea is to coat all your shrimp in the flour mixture to coat.
- In a skillet or frying pan, cook shrimp until golden brown (generally about 2 minutes).
- Remove shrimp from pan and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Lightly brush shrimp with the mayo sauce or use sauce a dipping sauce.
- Serve shrimp in a lettuce lined bowl and top with your scallions.