Baked Stuffed Shrimp Recipe
Stuffed anything is fabulous, but our baked stuffed shrimp recipe is just to die for!
Stuffed shrimp is generally served as a gourmet item on menus of high class restaurants, but now with this east to make recipe, you can enjoy it at home.
This recipe is surprising easy to make, too. You could enjoy this dish all by itself as an appetizer or add some wonderful steamed vegetables and your favorite bread to make it a grand meal
Baked Stuffed Shrimp serving idea
Preparation time: 20Min.
Cooking time: 20 Min.
|||large shrimp uncooked|
|||soda cracker crumbs (1 cup or 236 ml. = 24 crackers)|
|||can minced clams|
|||finely chopped fresh parsley leaves|
|||Salt and pepper|
|||sherry (dry or sweet)|
|||Parsley sprigs for garnish|
|||Lemon wedges for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (177° C)
- Peel and de-vein the shrimp, leaving tails on.
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly shrimp by cutting along the inner curve or underbelly about halfway (almost completely through), leaving the tails firmly attached. Press the shrimp down flat like a butterfly.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter, clams (including liquid), parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff each of the shrimp with the clam mixture. Arrange the stuffed shrimp in a large baking dish; pour sherry around the shrimp.
- Bake approximately 10 to 15 minutes or until shrimp are opaque in center (cut to test). Remove from oven.
- To serve, arrange shrimp on a serving platter. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges. Serve warm.